Reflection
(Hooray, no more blog post!!!)
I am currently thinking about my experience blogging about reading this year and about what it means to have an 'online identity'. I can't believe that it's finally the end of the school year and it's even harder to believe that I've actually done like 30 blog posts this year.
As a reader and a writer, I've learned a lot through blogging. This experience helped to make me more confident in what I say. I was able to express the thinkings that I usually would not be able to say through the blog posts. It's different from writing in a notebook because first of all, one is on the computer and the other is on paper, and secondly, I have more to say when I type than when I actually have to write out the words. Something I don't like about writing online is that everyone sees when you are writing, and so sometimes it may limit when you can write about and it also has to be written in a formal way.
I 'm staying neutral about the thought that teenagers abuse the freedom that being online gives you on sites like facebook because they are able to do whatever they want to do. What does "abusing the freedom" means? Does it means that just because you say mean things behind someone's back through online resources that you are abusing the freedom? We often exercise our freedom of thoughts by thinking about mean things behind their backs so does this means that we are abusing our freedom because we aren't being good people who always help one another over obstacles? I get the whole idea about cyber bullying and that people often commit suicide because they are bullied online, but does that means that in order to stop these incidents from happening, the internet should be shut down and the economic pace should be slowed down? I mean, seriously, I often say horrible things behind people's back just to get the conversation going. I think it would be fine as long as you don't go over the board.
Honestly, I can't imagine myself blogging ever again about the books that I'm reading. I only blog because it is a homework assignment, and I've done too much that I'm getting annoyed by it. I feel that I get the point about how blogging can do more benefits than harm and such and such, but blogs are starting to frustrate me. I believe that I shouldn't have to blog just to complete the assignment before the due date.
But overall, I'm proud of myself for the 30 posts (31 including this) that I've done. We should all celebrate the fact that this is finally our last blog post!...But wait now we still have the memoir due...
hi Hou In !
ReplyDeleteIn my blog post, I had similar thoughts to yours-blogging does have its benefits when it comes to expressing and sharing your ideas about your books! But also, blogs can be about anything you want them to be about; not just books! Maybe you won't be so pessimistic about blogging in the future, and I do understand why it annoyed you so much- it annoyed me too having to do it EVERY WEEK -_____-.
Bye Hou In ;) , melissa.
Bye to you to T^T, too bad we go to different schools...
DeleteI totally agree about not blogging again. I really loved my blog and everything but the only reason i ever kept blogging was because it was homework and also i didnt enjoy reading that much knowing that i had to read because i had a blog post due every friday. I think reading should be something people enjoy and not something they do because they have to blog about it every week.
ReplyDelete